[Zope-PAS] Re: id mangling

Amber Smirnow zbir at urbanape.com
Thu May 26 08:51:03 EDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Mark Hammond wrote:

> I'd really like to help on this, but also hate to nag :)  Does PAS
> still want the concept of a flexible prefix?  Assuming the
> zbir_fixing_ids_branch represents the future of PAS, is there
> anything we can do to help move this forward?
>
> If Zope3 has implemented these ideas already, I guess I could
> simply look at that.  Does anyone know if that is the case?

Sorry, Mark, and everyone else waiting for some pronouncement.

Just got back from a week and a half in Honduras. I do want the
flexible ids, but I don't want PAS to care. Personally, I believe it
should be a configuration of the individual plugin, and where
present, the plugin will hand back mangled ids. That's how I was
planning on finishing the prefix implementation on my branch.

Zac