[ZWeb] Zope.org and New zope.org status

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:11:22 -0700

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 11:32  PM, Paul Everitt wrote:

> On vendredi, jan 10, 2003, at 01:33 Europe/Paris, george donnelly
> wrote:
>
>> perhaps another issue might be how are people who have already
>> volunteered
>> being integrated into the project? I volunteered in the suggested way
>> and
>> was never contacted.
>
> Same for me.  I'm not sure what is the answer on this.  Zope 2, CMF,
> and Zope 3 are all mostly-community efforts.  I'm curious how
> zope.org, the community website, fits into that sequence.

I'm not sure what the answer is either.  The software products
described above have certain mechanisms protecting them from the crazy
little ideas that people have (like 'typing dtml is too hard, lets
change the tags to z (z-in, z-if)'), such as CVS control and
permissions and some degree of development process / methodology.  A
web site, particularly a community site, is a very open ended project
with less tools for collaborative development and very little
methodology.  A lot of time could be spent just coming up with the
'zope.org committer/developer guidelines'.

> Can we get an official pronouncement from the zope.org powers-that-be
> regarding nzo's relationship with the community?  Jeffrey, is this
> your department?

I don't even know what's going on.  All NZO documents I can even find
are from april/may (even its collector has issues only from april/may).
  My work has primarily focused on Zope.org itself.

I thought that there was a separate mailing list where NZO discussion
was taking place, but I can find no real evidence of that now.  If
there is such a list, or if there are more recent documents, I would
like to take the time to update the relevant sections of
zope.org/dev.zope.org and try to improve navigation into them.

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@cuemedia.com