[ZWeb] FYI: Readying the "Zope Download Center"

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:10:57 -0500

> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 11:24:25AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> | Of course it has to wait for NZO (see Sidnei's post).  I think we can
> | wait that much longer.  In the mean time, all I'm asking (and have
> | still not heard) is where on zope.org the pointers to the SF downloads
> | are.  If there aren't any, how are people going to find these?

[Sidnei]
> I guess Paul forgot to mention this on his emails. The purpose of the
> above thread is reporting what we will be doing with the sourceforge
> project page and only iff theres agreement we are going to put the
> link to sourceforge downloads on Zope.org. OTOH, it looks like we
> already have agreement, cause you were hoping that there was already a
> link to SF from Zope.org. Seems like theres some misunderstanding
> going on. (Or: we need a papal edict)

Well, there's definitely too much mail to follow everything. :-(

I'm for using the SF download center as a quick ad-hoc solution for
the most popular downloads, and I hope Jeffrey will add the necessary
links.  In the long run, I hope you all can help create a general
mirroring facility as I sketched in the other thread, and I'll make
sure that whatever needs to be done at the sysadmin level will be
done.

Note that I moved the Python downloads *away* from SF because (a) I
don't expect SF to be around forever and (b) it is a pain to upload a
file on SF -- but python.org already has mirrors so there's no pain in
keeping the downloads there.

> | And BTW, I wouldn't mind being added as an admin to the zope project
> | at SF, so I can help out with things.
>
> Done.

Thanks!