[Zope] Zope and Apache vs ZAP? Which server to use?

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:34:17 -0700

Philip Suh wrote:

> My goal is to set up a development environment on my local Linux box, which
> would then be the basis of a live production environment on another box, to
> be placed at an ISP.
  <snip>
> I'm guessing the Zope Server is not what I want.

The determining factor, IMHO, is whether the server box is going to be dedicated
to your site (and/or domain) or if your ISP will host multiple virtual domains
on the same box. If it's going to be a dedicated box, there is no reason not to
run ZServer. It is certainly simpler to set up.

> What's the difference between Zope+Apache and ZAP? Which do you recommend I
> use?

ZAP is an Apache installation preconfigured to run Zope. you will likely want to
at least examine the configuration files from ZAP even if you want to configure
Apache to run Zope yourself (ZAP uses a slightly older version of Apache).

HTH,

Michael Bernstein.