[Zope] Running ZopeHTTPServer and PCGI together = a bad thing ?

Chris Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:24:41 -0400

> It's definitely on the list.  It has been agreed that
> launching processes should not be a *requirement* of pcgi,
> especially for mod_pcgi.

At some point in the "future" (under 6 months? :-) there's a little
widget called ZDaemon that will see the light of day.  It deals
generically with the issues involved in managing LRP like this,
including reforking as necessary and identifying checkpoints so that
broken software doesn't restart constantly... this will take over
process management from the current pcgi interface, which will make the
remaining piece (that would plug into Apache, NSAPI, ISAPI, etc)
relatively trivial.  Having said that, we'd love to have someone who
knows enough about Apache's module interface, to write one of these for
the community...

Chris