[Zope] Counter

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 15:42:46 -0600

Ok, having read the newly available ZODB manual, it seems that I should
override __setstate__ and call the old __setstate__, passing it a
dictionary containing only those attributes I wish to be persistent.
Then I don't have to call my __setstate__... it will be called
automatically by the system. This should have the effect of making any
item not mentioned in my dictionary non-persistent, which will allow me
to accomplish Paul's goal. Now, the BIG question... This ZODB manual is
for ZODB3, which we don't yet have! So is this still the correct and
workable technique for accomplishing this?

Thanks again... and please everyone, don't use the old Counter product,
since these tags are going to conflict horribly, and this new product
should be much better for the DB, according to Paul, if I can make it
work.
Howard C. Shaw III
Programmer/SysAdmin
St. Thomas High School