[Zope] avoiding zope error when auth fails

Thilo Mezger mezger@innominate.de
25 Nov 1999 14:42:11 GMT

Gregor Ottmann <ottmann@artis-group.com> wrote:

> another way to work around the problem would be to use some kind of
> html-form to input the user name and password and validate it 'on foot' on
> the consecuting page, but i have the strong feeling that this will not work
> as it is server-side and the client is not notified - but this may be a
> wrong conclusion. does anyone know a way to get a 'nice' login page and
> avoid the brainbogglingly ugly error message?

you could use UserDb together with "cookie-based authentification" which
provides you with a html-page for login instead of the browser's
message box that pops up for login.

that would be my quick hack for solving this problem...

thilo

--
mezger@innominate.de
                                                        innominate AG