[Zope] can't connect to zope on freebsd/apache

Neil Blakey-Milner nbm@mithrandr.moria.org
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:20:34 +0200

On Thu 2001-04-19 (12:18), Kurt Yoder wrote:
> I'm trying to get Zope working on FreeBSD. I'm already using Apache on it for
> another web-based app (Request Tracker), so I have to leave it in place.
>
> I installed Zope using the FreeBSD port (version 2.2.2, I believe), and
> everything compiled, etc. I found the Zope startup script and started it;
> this also looks good, as I can see two Zope processes running.
>
> However, I can't connect to the Zope server on port 8080. I can still connect
> to the Apache site though. How do I get this last step working?

The zope port (for hysterical raisins) doesn't run the ftp and http
servers, and is initially only available via pcgi and friends.  There's
an example apache.conf.Zope-changes file for you to include in your
apache coniguration if you want to do so.  Otherwise, remove the '-h 0'
from the command line in start.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner