[Zope] Windows ME bug - abrupt reboot

alan runyan runyaga@thisbox.com
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:06:18 -0500

> I have the same problem here (ME too). The problem started when I got my
> ADSL connection and after I installed a firewall (Norton Internet
Security).
> Before that everything was ok.
>
> What I'm now doing is: not using my ADSL connection at the same time, and
> even restart my machine after the ADSL logout (necessary). Besides that
> turning off Internet Security. It's far from satisfactory but at least it
> works for me now. I'll have to explore this further because I need local
> Zope and the ADSL connection at the same time.

Henry,

thanks for saying that.  my friend was also running 'black ice' ?  personal
firewall and an abrupt reboot would occur on Zope startup.  I was helping my
friend remotely - and he isnt the most technical fellow.  I believe he had
'disabled' the firewall program, but he may not have rebooted.  A Norton
program was running as well.  Again, I didnt have time to debug the problem.
He installed Windows 2000 Professional and the problems went away.  I
believe he is still running Black Ice on his new Win2k setup with no
problems.

thanks,
~runyaga