[Zope] Problems with Zope 2.4.3 package for Mac OSX

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pitt.edu
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:35:52 -0500

on 11/19/01 4:22 PM, Richard Jones at richard@bizarsoftware.com.au wrote:

>> 2. There appears to be a path problem with the M2Crypto module. Both the
>> https and secure webdav modules fail to find it on the attempted import. A
>> search reveals an M2Crypto directory containing _m2crypto.py, but
>> explicitly specifying that path doesn't help.
>
> I've just checked, and everything looks OK to me. What happens...

Well, I deleted the Zope folder (this morning's install) from the
Applications directory and reinstalled Zope from the package. Interestingly,
the installer did not create a var directory (I deleted and reinstalled a
couple of times with the same result). So on startup Zope complained about
the lack of data.fs and zProcessManager.pid files. I created a var folder
and copied these files in from my Zope 2.4.0 installation, plus the Products
needed to support the stuff in data.fs (Squishdot, TinyTables, Zwiki and
Zchat). Then I fired it up on port 8080 and it started OK. HTTP, WebDAV,
HTTPS and FTP seemed to work fine, though some browsers have issues with the
certificate identity in HTTPS (I need to do some reading on that).

It's also interesting that the installer did not ask for a user name and
password during the installs subsequent to deleting the Zope folder, and the
newly installed Zope used the name and password that was previously entered.
This would appear to mean that some configuration files are being kept in
places other than the Zope folder. Perhaps a second write in this or these
locations fixed the path problem.

The bottom line is that I'm not now seeing the problem with M2Crypto that I
saw this morning, though I promise that it did happen.

Jim Harrison