[Zope] Making a folder-like object?

Yves Bastide Yves.Bastide@irisa.fr
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:33:10 +0100

The Subject line is not the question; it's only a possible=20
start-of-answer...

I'm building an application, using Zope and a database, where users can=20
upload files.  These files are stored as BLOBs in the DB, not in the ZODB.

The problem is to get back the filename when a user downloads a file.
I. e., I'll have things like:
where ``retrieve=B4=B4 is the script.

I would like instead to be able to present an address like:

This is the only way I know of to pass the filename to the client=20
(though I'd be happy to be corrected).

So:

Is this possible directly?
Otherwise, should I start hacking, e.g., Gary Poster's FakeFolder, or=20
are there better ways?

Thanks,

Yves

[Please CC: me answers as I'm not on the list]