[Zope] Upgrading Zope instances from 2.5 to 2.6a

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:13:57 +0200

Gitte Wange writes:
 > On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 19:15, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > I got this same error message when I had not recompiled Zope.
 > >
 > > "ZopeSplitter" is implemented in "C" (you need a "*.so"/"*.pyd" object).
 > > It must be compiled and linked before it becomes usable.
 > >

 > > Dieter
 >
 > Thanks Dieter - but I don't quite understand (sorry for being slow).
 > What do I need to compile ?
 > Can't I just copy the __init__.py file? (It worked with the other error
 > I wrote about earlier today).
I do not have Zope 2.6. Thus, I cannot say for sure how you need to do it.

In my Zope 2.5.1, "python wocgi.py" would build all necessary
shared objects.

Alternatively, in "<zopedir>/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/TextIndex/Splitter
",
there is a "setup.py". I could use "python setup.py build" to build
the necessary shared splitter objects.

Dieter