[Zope] Set FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD with parameter rather than Env Var

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:47:43 -0400

Now that I have ZEO2 working, I have a lot of new details to get up to speed
on. Apparently when starting a ZEO client, by default the current state of
the client's python products modules are not updated to the storage server.
This makes sense when multiple clients are connecting to a storage.

I gather that I have to use FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD on my ZEO client (same Zope
install, same machine) to get products reloaded. I really don't want to use
environment variables, though. Is there a way to pass this on the command
line to z2.py instead?

Thanks.

Find 'FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD' in (...)\App\Product.py' :
(...)\App\Product.py(564):         not
os.environ.get('FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD')):

Find 'FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD' in (...)\OFS\Application.py' :
(...)\OFS\Application.py(424):         not
os.environ.get('FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD')):
(...)\OFS\Application.py(687):                     not
os.environ.get('FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD')):
(...)\OFS\Application.py(689):                     # (unless
FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD is defined).
Found 'FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD' 3 time(s).
Search complete, found 'FORCE_PRODUCT_LOAD' 4 time(s). (2 files.)