[Zope] allowing _mm folder?

Andrew Altepeter aaltepet at bethel.edu
Thu Mar 18 15:25:39 EST 2004

Hi!

Our college is looking into using Macromedia Contribute to manage
content.  I would like to have contribute manage content stored in zope.

Unfortunately, Contribute uses a '_mm' folder to store isn't site
configuration information.  Since this is a protected id, when
Contribute tries to setup an ftp connection and create this folder it
fails.

Is there any way I can either allow _mm to be created as a folder, or is
there some other way around this?

I've thought about trying some sort of pre_traversal hook that would
translate _mm to mm_ (or some valid id) when it's requested, but I don't
know how to do that.  Actually, I don't know if 'pre traversal hook' is
even the right term; because is it really 'traversal' when you are
requesting an 'mkdir _mm' via ftp?

Any help would be VERY GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks,
Andy