[Zope] Zope as a SOAP server even possible?

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Mar 23 17:07:06 EST 2004

It look slike I'm going to become very interested in this myself soon.

Although XML-RPC is nice, with the advent of .NET and so on, there's much
higher demand for SOAP (Or at least that's what we're anticipating).

Someday, I'd like to mimic the way XML-RPC is handled inside Zope, but use
either SOAPpy or ZSI to use SOAP instead.  Anybody know how hard this might
be ?

I also sometimes wonder if I should wait for Zope 3, which from what I can
tell should make this much easier ... Unfortunately Zope 3 isn't quite here
yet, and even then, I may no tbe ready to migrate to it for a while (I
depend on aquisition!)

It's pretty amazing there hasn't been more movement on this front ... Zope's
architecture makes web services so potentially easy to put together ...

Cheers
J.F.