[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope3-dev] z3c vs. the zorg

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Aug 25 09:19:20 EDT 2006

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 8/25/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen at infrae.com> wrote:
>> I actually think it would be *nice*, if not at all essential, to have a
>> common namespace for community work. For such a common namespace "z3c"
>> is a bit unwieldier than something like "zorg". We could consider
>> establishing a more coherent pattern in the future, perhaps.
>
> As mentioned in another thread, I'd like to avoid namespace clutter,
> but I have come to realize I have no good arguments for that. :-)
>
> So, if we can't agree, then it's just yet another namespace. zope, zc,
> lovely, schooltool, codespeak(?), nuxeo, z3lab, z3c and now zorg. If
> there is no interest in merging basic toolkits into the same namespace
> (which there overwhelmingly was not in the other discussion) then
> having both z3c and zorg can't be a problem either.  ;)

Technically it isn't a problem, that's why it's not at all essential.
But it might be nice for some other reasons:

* people who write a new community package knows which namespace to use

* we could present this to the outside world a bit more coherently; look
at all these nice zorg components.

That said, it isn't a big deal at all, you're right.

Regards,

Martijn