[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:35:14 -0400

I believe the plan is for 2.7 and 2.6 to come out very close together. 2.=
7=20
will require Python 2.2.x, whereas 2.6 still runs on 2.1.x. Since tal i18=
n=20
comes from Zope 3, it requires Python2.2.

Jim's idea is that 2.7 will not differ much feature-wise from 2.6, except=
 for=20
a couple of things backported from Zope 3 (tal i18n being one of them). T=
he=20
major difference will be the Python version supported.

If this proves true, the effort to get tal i18n in Zope 2.6 wouldn't be=20
fruitful, unless you were bound to Python 2.1.x for some other reason.

At the very least the time between 2.6 and 2.7 will be *much* less then f=
rom=20
2.5 to 2.6.

-Casey