[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 07:51:54 +0100

On Sunday 15 Sep 2002 5:39 pm, Alexander Looomooo :-) wrote:

> And don't tell me about 2.7, we all know that it won't be out in a whil=
> yet. We need i18n, and we need it *now*.

Everyone needs 2.6 out now too. I understand your frustration at the dela=
ys in=20
releasing 2.6, but cramming extra stuff into that release wont help.

I dont understand the proposition that something cant be used just becaus=
e it=20
isnt in the standard release. Numerous good things existed as patches (or=
=20
even better, in a branch) for a long time before being merged into the tr=
unk.=20

I cant remember the last time I used a standard zope. Patching isnt hard.