[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Alexander Limi alexander@zope.no
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:00:22 +0200

Toby (easy cop-out here ;) wrote:

> Everyone needs 2.6 out now too. I understand your frustration at the delays
in
> releasing 2.6, but cramming extra stuff into that release wont help.

Two lines of code? That is already written, tested and won't interfere with
normal Zope usage?

> I dont understand the proposition that something cant be used just because it
> isnt in the standard release. Numerous good things existed as patches (or
> even better, in a branch) for a long time before being merged into the trunk.

> I cant remember the last time I used a standard zope. Patching isnt hard.

Sorry to inform you of this, but you aren't exactly the "typical" Zope user.
(Well, if you are, then we should reconsider how Zope is used out there :^)

Installing anything with i18n now is a nightmare to most users. Zope is already
too patchy, and I've got the battle scars to prove it. (plone.org is still down
due to problems with BSD, Python and Zope/CMF)

-- Alexander Limi
   http://limi.net