[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
16 Sep 2002 18:49:57 +0200

Thanks Jim.

I've put a description of the hook in the fishbowl:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/GlobalZPTTranslationServiceHook

As for a translation facility, the Persistent Translation Service
I've written, http://www.zope.org/Members/efge/PersistentTranslationService
will use the hook more cleanly in its 0.2 version. This products uses
Localizer's message catalogs (allowing TTW edition) to provide placeful
translation services.

Regarding speed issues, I've never benched ZPT speed so I'd prefer to
leave that to someone experienced.

Florent