[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:04:01 -0400

Tim Peters writes:
 > Contrarily, for a straightforward install Inno is much easier to live with
 > than Wise -- driven by a plain text config file, everything "makes sense",
 > and WYSIWYG.  Note that Fred uses Inno to build the Windows installer for
 > the expat project.

That's right; the only complaints we've ever had about that have been
my fault by forgetting to include some file in the installation.  For
a simple "unpack a bunch of files + uninstaller", it works great!

 > BTW, also note that distutils can build a Windows installer!  They have the
 > property that they work or they don't <wink>.

I've never had a problem with a distutils-generated installer, but I
haven't used a whole lot of them.  I've only used them with copies of
Python installed by the standard PythonLabs-produced installers
("Timstallers").

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>