[Zope-Coders] Win32 builds

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:32:51 -0400

> > And secondly what the heck is going on with z2.py?
>
> [snip]
>
> > This sort of implies to me that zope cant be built from source
> on Windows...
> > ;)
>
> Don't ask me why z2.py in the bindist is not the one in the source,
> but people have told me that the changes I made for secure setuid
> et al support do work fine on Windows.

The one in the binary distribution needed to be templatized once upon
a time to work right with the various installation options and within
the limitations of WISE. That was a long time ago, so that may no
longer be true. It would require a day or so for someone clueful about
win32 / win32 services / WISE and Python to unravel.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com