[Zope-Coders] Win32 builds

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:56:43 -0400

> Right now, you could probably run under cygwin, but I'd bet you can
> build and run a source release in plain 'ol win32. Maybe it's ok that
> you can't build and run a source release under plain win32, but I'd
> like to make sure that is an explicit decision, not an accident.

As a data point, we build and run ZODB3 from source on Win32 all the
time.  (This actually helped us diagnose many race conditions in the
code, because Win32's thread switching policies are drastically
different from Linux's.)  This is not full Zope, but AFAIK contains
almost all the C code from Zope: certainly ExtensionClass,
Acquisition, cPersistence, TimeStamp, the new BTrees package, and so
on.