[Zope-DB] DCOralcle2 "Invalid connection string"

Federica Gomiero fegomiero at arpa.veneto.it
Wed Apr 6 11:23:13 EDT 2005

Hi,
I installed the oracle adapter succefull ...  I see then in the control panel without error.
I create a new Z oracle Database Connection with the exact connection string (if i open sqlplus it is ok) and  Connect immediately, zope gives me the message.

 Invalid connection string:  user_name/password at server_name
with this error.log:
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.ZOracleDA.DA, line 112, in manage_addZOracleConnection
  Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection, line 64, in __init__
  Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection, line 97, in edit
  Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection, line 181, in connect
  Module Products.ZOracleDA.db, line 112, in __init__
  Module Products.ZOracleDA.DCOracle2.DCOracle2, line 185, in connect
BadRequest: <strong>Invalid connection string: </strong><CODE>xxxx/xxxx at xxx</CODE><br>
<!--
dco2.DatabaseError
(1818452338, 'e;\\oracore\\zoneinf')
-->

If i create the connection without "Connect immediately", zope gives me then message:

Site Error
Error Type: EmergencyUserCannotOwn
Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by the emergency user
Troubleshooting Suggestions
    * The URL may be incorrect.
    * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error log.
If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

with this error log:
Traceback (innermost last):
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module Products.ZOracleDA.DA, line 112, in manage_addZOracleConnection
    * Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 265, in _setObject
    * Module AccessControl.Owned, line 252, in manage_fixupOwnershipAfterAdd
EmergencyUserCannotOwn: Objects cannot be owned by the emergency user

Thanks in advance for any help
Federica